At Summer Place we have successfully planned and hosted all kinds of functions and see ourselves as experts in the field. If you have any questions not addressed below, please contact our team of professionals who will be sure to provide relevant answers and set your mind at ease.
What is included in the Venue Hire fee
- A lovely choice of damask table linen & napkins in Cream, Taupe or White. It also includes silver cutlery, Noritake arctic white crockery and elegant glassware. We provide round or trestle tables, chairs (indoors only) as well as flowers in the bathrooms and reception area.
- Audio Visual equipment includes Pa system (indoors only), Screens and Data projectors in specific rooms as well as limited size staging, dance floor and podium
Secure parking is provided by Summer Place
What is not included in the Venue Hire fee
- Chair covers
- Other Additional costs to be expected: floral decor, entertainment and photographer. Should the event / service / chuppah be hosted outdoors in the gardens, provision is to be made for outdoor chairs, and any other specific requirements relating to the event outdoors
- Additional AV equipment not already included in the specific rooms booked
- ISDN, ADSL Lines as well as Wireless Connections are available at an additional cost.
- 3 Phase power is available & charged separately
- Set up the day before or set up on the day of the function before the booked time
Breakage & Loss fee
Can we bring in our own caterer?
- Please note that you can only use one of our accredited caterers. They are contracted to Summer Place.
Can we bring in our own alcohol?
- Yes, but this is limited and a corkage fee is charged.
Corkage is limited to 1 bottle of red wine & 1 bottle of white wine per table and 1 bottle of whiskey or champagne per table.
The corkage fee depends on what is brought in.
How long is the venue booked for?
- Wedding - 8 hours or if it is a lunch, venue is booked until 18h00
- Corporate dinner or lunch - 5 hours
- Cocktail party - 5 hours
- Breakfast - 4 hours
How are the venue rooms broken down into their specific areas?
- The Summer Place Banqueting area consists of the Apollo Room, Annex, Melville Terrace and Pool Area.
- The Summer House consists of the Summer House Ballroom, AKrok Boardroom, SKrok Boardroom and the Summer Terrace
- The Conference centre includes Boardroom 1, Boardroom 2 & Boardroom 3
Can we do a Buffet?
Starter and Main Course Buffets will only be allowed by prior arrangement with Management. The decision will be based on management's discretion, so as not to compromise the standard of the Venue
Is your venue kosher?
The Summer Place Banqueting area does cater for Kosher events. Please be advised that the Kosher Kitchen is a Meat Kitchen.
What about accommodation at Summer Place?
Summer Place does not have accommodation facilities but we have beautiful hotels & guests houses in the area that we can suggest.
Can we use our own suppliers?
Yes, you are more than welcome to source your own suppliers for décor and entertainment as well as Photographers & Videographers etc
In terms of hiring, do we need to hire in directly or can you hire in for us?
Summer Place is more than happy to hire certain items in for you, such as chairs, base plates, Gazebo's etc.